Domains of Iron: Legend of the Old Gods
Takes place 3000 years after the events of the Elder Evils game
Populations have rebuilt in the last three millennia
Magic and the Gods have dwindled drastically, and almost do not exist, save for a few tiny splinter groups who practice and worship
Steam punk technology reigns supreme
Humans, dwarves, and orcs are the dominant species—elves and all others are dwindled vastly
The government of the main land our heroes work in is a parliamentary system. Other governments across the world are monarchies or socialized systems.
The one religion across all the world now is the Holy Conclave of Tarj
- The Conclave is a strictly monotheistic religion
- Magic of any practice—divine or arcane—is strictly forbidden
- Tarj is a god of alchemical practices
- All Paladin “spells” are actually alchemical in nature. Paladins/Clerics of Tarj must collect ingredients for alchemical recipes to create: potions, elixirs, powders, projectiles, etc. All these alchemic productions would be the divine spells of Paladins/Clerics.
- The only “divine spells” that still act somewhat like magic are anything having to do with prayers.
Classic weapons still exist, but now early 19th-century-style firearms are available.
Use of steam-powered vehicles is available:
- Crude internal combustible motor-cars (rare)
- Steam-powered motor-bikes
- Steam-powered boats and ships, commercial, personal, and military
- Steam-powered airships, commercial, personal, and military of various sizes
- Some countries utilize steam-powered meccha in their militaries
- Semi-sentient steam-powered automatons exist
- Elves (extremely rare, need GM permission)
- Half-Elves (very rare, need GM permission)
All other races either do not exist anymore, or are in a state of severe dwindling.
IF THE PCS WANT TO PLAY A RACE NOT AT ALL SPECIFIED IN THIS DOCUMENT, PLEASE BRING IT UP WITH THE GM! GIVE THE GM A GOOD REASON WHY THIS CHARACTER/RACE SHOULD BE PLAYED! Thanks!
Playable Base Classes (outside the new Steampunk classes):
- Barbarian (nomadic tribes)
- Paladin (of Tarj)